Monday, February 23, 2015

Life Paralyzing You?

I'm in a challenge to free write for 15 minutes everyday. EVERYDAY!!! It is a Big challenge. I am busy. Just as you all are. When I get the chance to eat out, the choices paralyze me. When I have a quiet moment to fit something in...often it is do dishes or feel paralyzed. TOO many choices of things to do, to fix , to eat , to wear, to attend have surrounded our busy lives until some of us (the majority in studies) are actually stymied by the hundreds of options. I found it incredible to find out that given many options for Insurance plans many would choose none, even the benefits offered were hard to visualize through the pain of CHOICE. What if I choose wrong? WHAT IF I don't like their Reuben Sandwich? What if the French Dip looks better once it arrives? How silly! But true for some of us. And depressing if we can't decide quickly. Hampering really. Should I go to #2's or #3's basketball or #1's wrestling? Feel guilty the whole time because you were stretched 3 ways and missed the great play or the injury? Learn to not give in to guilt over a choice. Pray and go with it. I set a timer lately to make choices to begin and end a chore. Just as a helpful way to not get STUCK or centered on one thing for too long. If I hesitate and worry about making the perfect decision I WASTE A LOT OF TIME. I want to make a quick decision from a smart list of choices and be done with it! So I have to discipline myself to decide. AND NOT WORRY! You might be amazed to learn that the inability to make choices when faced with so many choices everyday is a serious cause of clinical depression! DOES NOT surprise me!! As one who has struggled in the past with Seasonal Depression and has to keep my chin up deliberately and BE GRATEFUL this was a very nice discovery. I am not alone. You are not alone if the busy lifestyle we all share these days because so many choices are available overwhelms you!! Embrace gratitude once a day! Make a decision to make a 15 minute spot to simply breathe. CHOOSE a simple salad or soup meal. DONE! Choose to set that phone with work down when your work hours are over. Be OK with not having to make the perfect choice, list just a few options that have what you need and DECIDE quickly. LESS IS MORE! Having less, doing with less, being ok with less CAN GIVE YOU SO MUCH MORE quality of life! Be happy, be well, be blessed- from our family to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment